Shawn Driscoll's Computer Graphics Blog


Object modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, etc.

Friday, September 8, 2017

Discovery One in Orbit (a Revisit)

Thought I'd bring out my Discovery One model again for a sunset render. I still need to finish the back end of it. It was modeled in Hexagon 1.21, after first seeing if Amapi 7.51 Pro could do the job better or not. Since I needed to control better where polygons would line up on its surface for me to extrude from, Hexagon 1.21 became the perfect fit for doing this model.

I used Carrara 5.1 Pro for adding creases to some of the edges. Especially for the antenna. In older blog posts, you can see the amount of detail that I used on the antenna. It's a shame the render here has the antenna mostly hidden.


YouTube recently started spamming me with nonsense videos about the hidden meanings behind 2001: A space Odyssey. And that reminded me of my unfinished model.

I probably should finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment