Shawn Driscoll's Computer Graphics Blog


Object modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, etc.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

What a Piece of Junk!

I ran some white-wash over the ship in 3D-Coat, using a smart material. I first tried doing it while the ship was in several parts. But smart materials really do prefer to pour from their buckets at the same scale. Meaning, all the parts need to have the same resolution for their texture maps. It's part of the calculation smart materials do before the fill bucket is clicked.

So I welded the parts together that needed the same white-wash treatment done. They all used the same UV map, which I was hoping to avoid at first. I prefer to have a UV map for each object. But maybe for this model, it wouldn't kill to have one huge UV map. In the meantime, the separate parts that used different paint materials were left as individual objects.

Anyway, this is just the shell body. Ready for the scrapyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment