Shawn Driscoll's Computer Graphics Blog


Object modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, etc.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Alien World Outpost Concept

I'm a few hours into the beginning concept for this outpost on an alien world scene I plan to create in Vue. The structure was modeled in Hexagon and then UV mapped and painted in 3D-Coat. A few gravel and concrete textures were mixed with some brown color added for the "base" paint. Then a dark color was painted (by hand) in the concave areas. And a light color (with spec turned on) was painted on the outer edges.

I forgot that I probably could have done this on the fly with 3D-Coat's new concave painting. But I wanted to see if I could do a more sloppy job of applying natural wear to the walls. This is a screenshot taken from 3D-Coat. This will also be the first time I attempt a Vue animation that's longer than five seconds. Ha ha.

There may be some match-moving involved if I have the right footage of desert landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment