Shawn Driscoll's Computer Graphics Blog


Object modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, etc.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Making of Discovery One (part 4)

I converted the NURBS model to a polygon mesh. Then imported it into Hexagon here for cleaning up and adding some artistic license. Every drawing of the ship has its own version of the design, so I'm trying to average things as far as how it looks. The clips from 2001 are all blown out (1968's bloom effect), so there is a lot of artifacts and high contrast for both the shading and color of the ship.


I won't know until I do my initial renders (using the same lighting as the movie did) if the mesh is ruined yet or not. And I forgot the most important part of this piece. The exterior airlock. So I'll have to cut that door out my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment